Dance Caribbean Collective
Dance Caribbean COLLECTIVE founded by Candace Thompson in 2015 to create a platform for Caribbean dancers, choreographers, educators and scholars to communicate, collaborate on projects and events, and make an impact on their community. The collective is now embarking on its 3rd season and comprises several projects designed by Founding Director Candace Thompson in collaboration with its members.
The COLLECTIVE aims to:
- Present dance work that can connect to the Caribbean-American population through workshops, lec-dems and education programs
- Cultivate Caribbean audiences for dance and facilitate appreciation of contemporary dance and performance by Caribbean artists
- Produce and present Caribbean Content that reflects new narratives in the wider diaspora.
- Be a representative body and an information hub for Caribbean Diasporic Dance in the NYC Area
- Educate youth in Caribbean art forms and train the next generation of cultural organizers for Caribbean culture
- Provide a space to discuss and collectively find solutions to issues facing our communities
New Traditions Festival Caribbean-American Heritage Month Performance
Artist Residency, Mentorship and Feedback Program
New Traditions Master Class Series
DCC Diaspora Dance Series
DCC Lime and Community Meetings
DCC School+Community Workshops