Directorship + Curation
Candace has extensive experience in producing and designing events, talks and performances that center the Caribbean voice. Using dance and embodied cultural practices as the starting point, she create events that engage the community, invigorate cultural pride and offer new perspectives.
3 years of programming for Dance Caribbean COLLECTIVE including:
- Diaspora Dance Series - workshops centered around island specific dance culture
- New Traditions Festival - dance festival that presents Contemporary choreographers of the Caribbean Diaspora
- Our Caribbean Spirit Project - community dance project that involved oral history of cultural leaders, youth engagement, collaborative dance making and video and written documentation.
- DCW Youth Performing Arts Program - educating Caribbean-American youth about connections between traditional African and Caribbean dance and contemporary Caribbean culture.
- DCC 2017 Townhall: Cultural Appropriation